Triton Central High School is a whole-school conversion located in Shelby County, just southeast of Indianapolis. TNT opened its doors to 127 freshmen in 2009.
Triton New Tech prepares students for the 21st century. Students at TNT are our most important resource. We are dedicated to giving them the skills, technology and leadership qualities they need to collaborate, communicate, innovate and create in a constantly changing, global world.
We are changing the way students learn by embracing exploration, cross-curricular topics and projects that are relevant to students’ lives. More than reading books and filling out worksheets, TNT students apply knowledge and master 21st-century skills. To promote this advanced learning, TNT focuses on:
- Technology as a tool for communicating, collaborating and learning effectively
- 21st-century skills and content standards
- Project-based learning
- Courses and curriculum designed to connect learning to the real world
- A culture of trust, respect and responsibility
TNT thrives as a small, close-knit community. Our small size enables us to offer many unique programs, including internships, service learning, community round-tables and business support of student presentations and exhibits.
TNT has designated agri-science as a theme for the NT implementation; our aim is to be in tune with the needs of their population and eventually become a major agri-science resource for the community.
Noteworthy programs and successes:
- Four-Star school
- Indiana Best Buy school
- Pioneering agri-science program
- Immersive Spanish program, with deep connections to the Hispanic community
- Project Lead the Way
- Commendable Progress: PL 221 category placement