Warren New Tech High School's mission is to pilot students into the 21st century. Through relevant and rigorous learning experiences, students will graduate as empowered learners with the skills necessary to compete in a global environment.
Working with the project-based learning curriculum, Warren New Tech High School introduces students early to college-level coursework and an opportunity to take on leadership roles within an academic setting. Students will graduate from New Tech High School with the 21st-century skills necessary to effectively compete within a global environment.
We believe that developing trust, respect, responsibility and teamwork among all members of our school family will lead to schoolwide achievement. We further believe that rigor, relevance, relationships, respect and responsibility will result in higher expectations being met by all members within our learning community.
Our students are expected to meet 21st-century learning outcomes in six areas: written communication, content standards, oral communication, work ethic and citizenship, collaboration and critical thinking.
Noteworthy programs and successes:
- Highly successful Commerce system
- Teacher-sponsored clubs (Philanthropy, etc.)
- JETS team initiated 2009-2010 school year
- Youth Technology Corps service club initiated summer 2009.
- Summer camps for English and math
- Programs in community service, career shadowing, internships, Capstone, digital portfolio and extracurricular activities required of all students