An Algiers education readies students to succeed in life, college and 21st-century careers. Algiers enhances the Louisiana Comprehensive Curriculum (English, math, social studies and science) with honors classes, innovative programs and the New Tech model. We follow the New Tech Network model of engaging instruction, collaborative culture and cutting-edge technology.
Our small size means every student receives the individual attention he or she needs. Enrollment is limited to 400 students, with a maximum student-to-teacher ratio of 25:1.
Since becoming a New Tech school, Algiers has seen significant student progress. In recognition of the exceptional achievement of our staff and students, New Tech Network awarded Algiers a Demonstration Site designation.
While innovative, our education meets all state requirements. Algiers implements the grade-level expectations for each course as recommended by the Louisiana Department of Education. This ensures student eligibility for TOPS state scholarships on graduation.
Noteworthy programs and successes:
- 39% improvement on Math GEE scores
- 19% improvement on ELA GEE scores
- 27% improvement on Math iLEAP scores
- 16% improvement on ELA iLEAP scores
- School-wide positive behavior support
- Read180 program for 9th graders
- Freshman Success class for successful transition to high school
- After-school tutoring
- 21st Century After-School program
- Digital Arts Alliance High School Residency (in partnership with Pearson Digital Alliance)
- Teacher Advancement Program (TAP)