Welcome to the Global Happiness Project! This project, which will take place throughout the spring of 2014, asks teachers and students around the world to explore the following questions:
- What elements contribute to a happy and healthy society?
- How well do our own local and global communities measure up?
- How can we use data, creativity, and community to make the world a happier place?
Through the Global Happiness Project, students will engage in a virtual conversation about the components of a happy society, and will co-design and implement a survey to measure these components at the local and global level. Later, students will analyze the results of this survey and use what they have learned to inform an advocacy project designed to improve at least one area of happiness at the local or global level.
Are you an interested teacher? Please fill out this brief form to receive email updates, and track the hashtag #NTNhappy on Twitter.
- Phase One: Design (Jan 27-Feb 28)
- Phase Two: Gather Data and Analyze (March 3- April 4)
Phase Three: Reflect and Advocate (April 7- May 9)
Culminating Celebration (May 12- May 16)